Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting


In order to plan my composition, I looked through various magazines and old photographs in order to find a landscape I wanted to use. Then I drew out how I wanted the background, middleground, and foreground to look on the canvas I was going to use. In my painting, I used atmospheric perspective in the background. Atmospheric perspective refers to the distance/depth of the objects in the painting. In order to do this, I created a dull orange by lowering the intensity of it. In order to create a light source for my painting, I used tints of different colors in my colors scheme, and added them to each item in my composition. My color scheme was red and orange (analogous color scheme). The brush strokes used for this painting were side to side horizontally for the sky and water. For the ground, I used small, short brush strokes to make it look like grass, and for the tree I used long brush strokes for the limbs, but short brush strokes where the branched off in order to get the ends of the limbs to a point. I used value in my painting by having a cast shadow under the tree. I also used value for the water by having it go from a light orange to a dark orange. The sky has some value by going from dark red to a light pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment